Injured in a motor vehicle accident
In the state of Colorado alone, approximately one out of every 33 people living in the state will be involved in a crash this year. Possibly you, or someone you know, has had their life changed in an instant when a crash occurred. If someone is seriously injured, they may not have the ability to work while they are recovering from their injuries and needing expensive medical care and treatment.
We understand both the physical & emotional difficulties people face when they are involved in a car accident. The Dible Law Firm is passionate about helping guide others through this difficult process. We focus on collecting all information necessary to build a strong case for you and will use that knowledge to aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve. We are highly knowledgeable and experienced to handle every step of your personal injury case, so that you can focus on what’s most important – your recovery.
Depending on the specifics of your case, your compensation may include:
Payment for current medical bills
Costs of future treatment or surgery
Compensation for lost wages
Loss of earning capability
Compensation for pain & suffering
When do you need a lawyer?
According to a study published by the Insurance Research Council, injured persons with an attorney receive over three times more money, on average, than people without a lawyer. This suggests that insurance companies often take advantage of people without attorneys to "low ball" the injured person in an accident. While you have a legal right to settle your own case, know that an insurance company will want to try to pay you as little as possible.
How the Dible Law Firm can help you
We offer the following benefits to our clients:
1. NO upfront costs. We realize that many people don't hire attorneys, because they are worried about what it will cost them out-of-pocket. Attorney fees and court costs can be expensive. That's why we offer to represent our clients on a Contingency Fee Basis, meaning that we are paid from a percentage of what we are able to recover for our clients at the resolution of the case. Additionally, we will advance all costs, such as court fees, expert witness testimony, etc., so that our clients don't have pay a thing until after they receive money from the insurance company. On top of that, we stand behind a "No recovery, No fee" policy, meaning that if we are unable to recover anything for our clients, they owe us absolutely nothing for our legal services,
2. We'll maximize your compensation. We're skilled in finding all possible sources of compensation and will fight for the maximum compensation that you are allowed under the law for your injuries. Most people not in the industry are not aware of everything that they are entitled to or how to get it. The insurance companies will often take advantage of this. Additionally, not only will we thoroughly investigate and handle all claims against the other party's insurance company, but we'll also take care of any first party coverage, such as Med Pay and Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
3. Reduced stress for you. One of the main reasons people choose to hire a personal injury attorney is that it reduces their stress. The legal system can be frustrating and complex. The Dible Law Firm is here to help. We're passionate about being strong advocates for our clients and will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our philosophy is to take care of our clients, so that they have the time to take care of themselves and focus on their recovery. We believe that's the essence of any good personal injury law firm.
4. You will receive personalized attention. We get to know each & every one of our clients and their cases inside and out. That's something that the high volume firms that you see on TV just can't provide. We'll fully investigate all aspects of your case in order to make your claim as strong as possible. Additionally, we keep all of our clients well informed on their cases and return calls quickly.
5. You will benefit from our thorough knowledge of State & Federal laws. There are complex insurance laws that may impact your case. If these come into play for your claim, you need an attorney. Attorney Mike Dible has the unique experience of working on both the plaintiff and defense sides of insurance law. Very few personal injury attorneys out there have this experience, and his clients benefit from his valuable knowledge of what the other side will likely use against his clients in terms of laws, their reasoning, and tactics.
6. We're expert negotiators. The Dible Law Firm has vast experience and skill in the crucial area of negotiation. Attorney Mike Dible has successfully negotiated over a thousand personal injury cases during his career and feels privileged to have recovered over $25 million for his clients.
7. We aim to reduce all liens. If your health insurance pays any of your accident related medical bills, the health insurance carrier will generally be entitled to a payback and will likely put a lien on your resolution amount, whether or not you are represented by an attorney. There are technical arguments that the Dible Law Firm will use to reduce, or sometimes even extinguish, these liens so that you can keep more of the settlement money in your own pocket. Additionally, in order to help protect your privacy, we will redact any unnecessary medical information out of the records sent to the insurance companies. Unfortunately, this is something that a lot of law firms will not take the time to do for their clients.
8. We'll be here for you every step of the way. We'll advise you on all important matters involving your case. At the Dible Law Firm, we believe in informing our clients about the pros and cons of their options and educating them about the legal process. We make ourselves highly available to take phone calls and respond promptly to emails to address all of our clients' questions and concerns as quickly as possible.
If you suffered any type of injury in a motor vehicle accident, it’s always a good idea to at least speak to an attorney to assess your claim and inform you of your options. The Dible Law Firm is happy to talk with you free of charge. Call us today at 720-638-9777.
Call now for a FREE consultation on your case.
What can you do to help protect your right to compensation?
If the accident was due to someone else's carelessness, you have the right to be compensated for your injuries and property damage. In the aftermath of the incident, it's important to know what to do and how you can best protect your rights. Seeking appropriate medical attention should be your first priority. However, if your injuries are not serious, you can help protect your claim by documenting as much as you can about scene and events leading up to the accident.
1. Call the police and file an accident report. This is a very crucial part of the documenting your claim. Oftentimes, the person causing the accident will attempt to keep the police out of it. However, if you are injured or your car is damaged, call the police. It's an important step to take in order to protect your rights and future claim.
A police report will provide key documentation regarding the scene of the accident and may include evidence of who is at fault. This carries a great deal of weight with insurance adjusters and claims attorneys. Colorado has a Comparative Negligence Law, which means that juries have the right to consider whether just one, or both parties were at fault, and if so, how much your actions contributed to the accident. For example, if a jury decides that you were 20% at fault for the accident, then your recovery would be limited to 80% of what the jury awards you.
If you are being blamed for the accident, either partially or completely, you may want to talk to an attorney. An effective personal injury attorney will investigate the circumstances of the accident and may be able to find evidence that was not obtained or considered in order to help fight these allegations against you.
2. Talk to witnesses and gather their contact information. Take down the names, phone numbers and addresses of any witnesses and what they observed. Or, you may ask witnesses to talk directly to the police.
3. Photograph the scene of the accident as soon as possible. This includes pictures of the location where the accident occurred (i.e. any traffic lights, stops signs, crosswalks, etc. that may have had an influence on the accident), damage to the vehicles involved, and your injuries.
4. You have a right to not speak with the other party involved in the accident. Please keep in mind that even saying, "I'm sorry" to the other party might be construed as an admission of fault.
5. You have the right to not speak to the other party's insurance investigator. The other party's insurance investigator may contact you shortly after the accident. Please know that you are not required to speak with the other party's insurance investigator. In fact, keep in mind that the other party's insurance company may try to use anything that you tell them against you in your claim. You can always tell them that you wish to speak to an attorney before giving them any statements.
6. Seek medical attention as quickly as possible. The best evidence of the injuries you've sustained from the accident will come from your medical provider's treatment records, medical bills, and doctor's notes. It's important to seek medical treatment quickly, so that your injuries can not be blamed on having been caused by something other than the accident.
7. You have the right to speak to an attorney. A good personal injury attorney can help in many ways to get you a fair settlement. Additionally, having a highly experienced personal injury law firm, such as the Dible Law Firm, on your side can help make your case as strong as possible and help you maximize the value of your case.