top of page
Taking the dog for a walk


Dog attacks - a common occurrence

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 4.7 million people in the U.S. are bitten by dogs every year.  Unfortunately, we have seen many clients, children and adults, with serious injuries resulting from dog bites.  Laws are in place to ensure that owners take responsibility for the actions of their pets. 

Most common injuries resulting from a dog attacks are:

  • Facial and body scarring

  • Disease and infection

  • Nerve damage

  • Puncture wounds

  • Broken bones, joints, and tissue damage

  • Psychological damages, such as PTSD, anxiety and more

Who will pay for my injuries? 

Flexible Payment Planning

In Colorado, owners are often held strictly liable for injuries that their pets cause. Even if they had no previous knowledge that the animal was capable of an attack, they still may be responsible for various damages, including medical bills and other costs of healing.

Do I need an attorney?

Young Smiling Lawyer

If dog bite victims have a lawyer, they will usually recover two to three times the amount they would have received without an attorney, even after paying attorney's fees and costs.  An insurance adjuster will often offer a dog bite victim only 10% to 20% of what they would offer a client with an attorney, so the insurance company will save money by keeping the other 80% to 90%.  Many insurance companies take advantage of the fact that most people do not know all of the compensation that they are entitled to for their injuries and its total worth.  Further, we've seen some insurance companies try to use information they are not legally entitled to have in order to discount, or disregard, parts of a person's claim all together.

The Dible Law Firm can help you. Call for a free consultation.
(720) 638-9777

Here are 12 things we will do to help win your case:

We will:

  1. Fight for the compensation that you deserve.

  2. Fully investigate all aspects of your case.

  3. Use our extensive knowledge of complex dog bite law to determine the legal theories of your case.

  4. Communicate regularly with you regarding all aspects and progress of your case.

  5. Track down all available coverage for your claim.

  6. File necessary documents with the court.

  7. Help you find doctors and specialists, if needed, to help you recover from your injuries.

  8. Help protect your privacy by redacting unnecessary medical information out of the records sent to the insurance companies.

  9. Work to obtain a reduction on medical bills and any outstanding liens. 

  10. Advance all upfront costs of the claim.

  11. Use our expert negotiation skills to win you the best possible outcome for your case.

  12. Take care of all legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery. 

    When you hire the Dible Law Firm, you are provided with a dedicated legal team that will listen to your needs, answer your questions, and keep you informed throughout the legal process.  We won't let our clients get taken advantage of by the insurance companies, and we won't settle for unfair compensation for your injuries. 

We're good at what we do, and we'll will fight hard to win your case.

At the Dible Law Firm, we're strongly dedicated and experienced in helping our clients get the fair compensation they deserve for injuries from dog bites.  Throughout over 20 years of experience in personal injury, we've recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients.  Our job is to take on the stress and hassle of the dealing with the insurance companies and the legal process for you, so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.  Additionally, at the Dible Law Firm, you don't need to worry about paying attorney fees out-of-pocket.  In fact, our clients pay absolutely NOTHING upfront for us to represent them in their case.  

If you've been bitten or attacked by a dog, it is important to act quickly and retain the services of a skillful and caring personal injury attorney. Call the Dible Law Firm now for a FREE CONSULTATION and evaluation of your legal options.

Call now for a free consultation.
(720) 638-9777

Article: What to do if you've been bitten by a dog.

bottom of page