Semi Truck Accidents
Injured in a Truck Accident
Every year in the US, there are approximately 500,000 accidents involving trucks. Injuries from truck accidents are often very serious or fatal. Most deaths in large truck crashes are the people riding in the OTHER vehicle. The main issue is the vulnerability of people traveling in smaller vehicles. Compared to passenger cars, trucks often weigh 20-30 times more and are taller with greater ground clearance, which can result in smaller vehicles going under the large truck in crashes.
There are three categories of reasons for large truck accidents: the environment, the vehicle and the driver.
Some mistakes that can lead to a trucking accident include:
Road conditions, such as wet or icy roads
Brake problems and other maintenance issues
Drowsy or distracted driver
Driver suffering a medical condition
Driving too fast for road conditions
Driver making wide right turns and improper lane departures
We can help
At the Dible Law Firm, we work quickly to preserve all evidence of how the incident happened. We review log books, witness & accident reports and the truck’s EDR (or “black box”) to determine if someone was negligent in your accident. If it is determined that the CDL driver was negligent, truckers can be held personally liable. Additionally, if a trucking company's policies failed to protect the safety of others, they may also be held responsible for the accident.
Compensation after a Truck Accident may include:
Payment for current medical bills and future treatment, surgery, or rehabilitation
Compensation for lost wages and for future wage loss if injury is permanent
Compensation for pain & suffering
If you were injured in a truck related accident, we can help. The Dible Law Firm will strongly help you to pursue a claim against the trucking company, the truck driver, or both. Call today.
How the Dible Law Firm can help you
We offer the following benefits to our clients:
1. NO upfront costs. We realize that many people don't hire attorneys because they are worried about what it will cost them out-of-pocket. Attorney fees and court costs are expensive. That's why we offer to represent our clients on a Contingency Fee Basis, meaning that we are paid from a predetermined percentage of what we are able to recover for our clients at the resolution of the case. Additionally, we will advance all costs, such as court fees, expert witness testimony, etc., so that our clients don't have pay a thing until after their case is resolved. On top of that, we stand behind a "No recovery, No fee" policy, meaning that if we are unable to recover anything for our clients, they owe us absolutely nothing for our legal services,
2. We'll maximize your compensation. We're skilled in finding all possible sources of compensation and will fight for the maximum compensation that you are allowed under the law for your injuries. Not only will we thoroughly investigate and handle all claims against the other party's insurance company, but we'll also take care of any first party coverage, such as Med Pay and Underinsured Motorist Coverage. Additionally, unlike some other firms, we provide our legal services for Medical Payments Coverage completely free of charge.
3. Reduced stress for you. One of the main reasons people choose to hire a personal injury attorney is that it reduces their stress. The legal system can be frustrating and complex. The Dible Law Firm is here to help. We're passionate about being strong advocates for our clients and will fight hard for the compensation you deserve.
4. You will receive personalized attention. We get to know each & every one of our clients and their individual situations and needs. That's something that the high volume firms that you see on TV just can't provide. We'll get to know your case inside & out in order to fully investigate all aspects of your claim and make it as strong as possible. Additionally, we are in frequent contact with our clients and return all messages promptly.
5. You will benefit from our unique experience. There are a multitude of complex insurance laws that may impact your case. Attorney Mike Dible has the unique experience of working on both the plaintiff and defense sides of insurance law. Very few personal injury attorneys out there have this experience, and his clients benefit from his valuable knowledge of what the other side will likely use against his clients in terms of laws, their reasoning, and tactics.
6. We're expert negotiators. The Dible Law Firm is highly skilled in the crucial area of negotiation. Each insurance company has its own tactics, and it's important to know what is effective when dealing with each of them. Our law firm has over 15 years experience dealing with insurance companies and knows how to navigate difficult and complex cases. We've successfully negotiated over a thousand personal injury cases and have recovered over $25 million for our clients.
7. We aim to reduce all liens, so that you can keep more money. If your health insurance pays any of your accident related medical bills, the health insurance carrier will generally be entitled to a payback, and will likely put a lien on your resolution amount. There are arguments that the Dible Law Firm will use to try to reduce, or sometimes even extinguish, these liens so that you can keep more of the settlement money in your own pocket. Additionally, in order to help protect your privacy, we will redact any unnecessary medical information out of the records sent to the insurance companies. Unfortunately, this is something that many law firms don't take the time to do for their clients.
8. We'll be here for you every step of the way. We'll advise you on all important matters involving your case. At the Dible Law Firm, we believe in informing our clients about all of their options, the pros and cons of each, and educating them about the legal process. We make ourselves highly available to take phone calls and respond promptly to emails to address all of our clients' questions and concerns as quickly as possible.
If you suffered any type of injury in a motor vehicle accident, it’s always a good idea to at least speak to an attorney to assess your claim and inform you of your options. The Dible Law Firm is happy to talk with you free of charge. Call us today at 720-638-9777 or submit our online form to schedule your free consultation.