Over $25 Million Recovered in Settlements & Verdicts
Dog attacks - a common occurrence
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 4.7 million people in the U.S. are bitten by dogs every year. Unfortunately, we have seen many clients with serious injuries and scarring resulting from dog bites. Laws are in place to ensure that owners take responsibility for the actions of their pets.
Most common injuries resulting from a dog attacks are:
- Facial and body scarring
- Disease and infection
- Nerve damage
- Puncture wounds
- Broken bones, joints, and tissue damage
- Psychological damages, such as PTSD, anxiety and more
Who will pay for my injuries from the dog attack?
In Colorado, owners are often held strictly liable for injuries that their pets cause. Even if they had no previous knowledge that the animal was capable of an attack, they still may be responsible for various damages, including medical bills and other costs of healing.
Depending on the specifics of your case, your compensation may include:
✓ Payment for current medical bills
✓ Costs of future treatment or surgery
✓ Compensation for scarring or permanent disability
✓ Compensation for lost wages
✓ Loss of earning capability
✓ Compensation for pain & suffering
✓ Property damage
✓ Out-of-pocket expenses
✓ Punitive damages
Do I need an attorney?
If dog bite victims have a lawyer, they will usually recover two to three times the amount they would have received without an attorney, even after paying attorney's fees and costs. An insurance adjuster will often offer a dog bite victim only 10% to 20% of what they would offer a client with an attorney. Many insurance companies take advantage of the fact that most people do not know all of the compensation that they are entitled to for their injuries. Further, we've seen some insurance companies try to gather and use information they are not legally entitled to have in order to discount, or disregard, parts of a person's claim all together. By hiring a qualified attorney, you can help avoid these pitfalls which can harm your case.
Here are 12 things we will do to help win your case:
- Fight for the compensation that you deserve.
- Fully investigate all aspects of your case.
- Use our extensive knowledge of complex dog bite law to determine the legal theories of your case.
- Communicate regularly with you regarding all aspects and progress of your case.
- Track down all available coverage for your claim.
- File documents with the court and keep track of the statute of limitations.
- Help you find doctors and specialists, if needed, to help you recover from your injuries.
- Help protect your privacy by redacting unnecessary medical information out of the records sent to the insurance companies.
- Work to obtain a reduction on medical bills and any outstanding liens.
- Advance all upfront costs of the claim.
- Use our expert negotiation skills to win you the best possible outcome for your case.
- Take care of all legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
At the Dible Law Firm, you are provided with a dedicated legal team that will listen to your needs, answer your questions and keep you informed throughout the legal process. We won't let our clients get taken advantage of by the insurance companies, and we won't settle for unfair compensation for your injuries.
Colorado's #1 Dog Bite Attorney
We're good at what we do, and we will fight hard to win your case.
We have recovered over $25 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We understand the emotional and financial toll a serious injury can have on your life, and we're dedicated to maximizing your recovery and fighting to get you the compensation you deserve.
At the Dible Law Firm, we're strongly dedicated and experienced in helping our clients get the fair compensation they deserve for injuries from dog bites. Additionally, at the Dible Law Firm, you don't need to worry about paying attorney fees out-of-pocket. In fact, our clients pay absolutely NOTHING upfront for us to represent them in their case.
If you've been bitten or attacked by a dog, it is important to act quickly and retain the services of a skillful and caring personal injury attorney. Call the Dible Law Firm now for a FREE CONSULTATION and evaluation of your legal options.