Injured in a Truck Accident
Every year in the US, there are approximately 500,000 accidents involving trucks. Injuries from truck accidents are often very serious or fatal. Most deaths in large truck crashes are the people riding in the OTHER vehicle. The main issue is the vulnerability of people traveling in smaller vehicles. Compared to passenger cars, trucks often weigh 20-30 times more and are taller with greater ground clearance, which can result in smaller vehicles going under the large truck in crashes.
There are three categories of reasons for large truck accidents: the environment, the vehicle and the driver.
Some mistakes that can lead to a trucking accident include:
- Road conditions, such as wet or icy roads
- Brake problems and other maintenance issues
- Drowsy or distracted driver
- Driver suffering a medical condition
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Driver making wide right turns and improper lane departures
Request a FREE Consultation
We can help
At the Dible Law Firm, we work quickly to preserve all evidence of how the incident happened. We review log books, witness & accident reports and the truck’s EDR (or “black box”) to determine if someone was negligent in your accident. If it is determined that the CDL driver was negligent, truckers can be held personally liable. Additionally, if a trucking company's policies failed to protect the safety of others, they may also be held responsible for the accident.
If you were injured in a truck related accident, we can help. The Dible Law Firm will strongly help you to pursue a claim against the trucking company, the truck driver, or both. Call today.
Compensation after a Truck Accident may include:
- Payment for current medical bills and future treatment, surgery, or rehabilitation
- Compensation for lost wages and for future wage loss if injury is permanent
- Compensation for pain & suffering
- Punitive damages
How the Dible Law Firm can help you
We offer the following benefits to our clients:
1. NO upfront costs. We realize that many people don't hire attorneys, because they are worried about what it will cost them out-of-pocket. Attorney fees and court costs can be expensive. That's why we offer to represent our clients on a Contingency Fee Basis, meaning that we are paid from a percentage of what we are able to recover for our clients at the resolution of the case. Additionally, we will advance all costs, such as court fees, expert witness testimony, etc., so that our clients don't have pay a thing until after they receive money from the insurance company. On top of that, we stand behind a "No recovery, No fee" policy, meaning that if we are unable to recover anything for our clients, they owe us absolutely nothing for our legal services,
2. We'll maximize your compensation. We're skilled in finding all possible sources of compensation and will fight for the maximum compensation that you are allowed under the law for your injuries. Most people not in the industry are not aware of everything that they are entitled to or how to get it. The insurance companies will often take advantage of this. Additionally, not only will we thoroughly investigate and handle all claims against the other party's insurance company, but we'll also take care of any first party coverage, such as Med Pay and Underinsured Motorist Coverage.
3. Reduced stress for you. One of the main reasons people choose to hire a personal injury attorney is that it reduces their stress. The legal system can be frustrating and complex. The Dible Law Firm is here to help. We're passionate about being strong advocates for our clients and will fight for the compensation you deserve. Our philosophy is to take care of our clients, so that they have the time to take care of themselves and focus on their recovery. We believe that's the essence of any good personal injury law firm.
4. You will receive personalized attention. We get to know each & every one of our clients and their cases inside and out. That's something that the high volume firms that you see on TV just can't provide. We'll fully investigate all aspects of your case in order to make your claim as strong as possible. Additionally, we keep all of our clients well informed on their cases and return calls quickly.
5. You will benefit from our thorough knowledge of State & Federal laws. There are complex insurance laws that may impact your case. If these come into play for your claim, you need an attorney. Attorney Mike Dible has the unique experience of working on both the plaintiff and defense sides of insurance law. Very few personal injury attorneys out there have this experience, and his clients benefit from his valuable knowledge of what the other side will likely use against his clients in terms of laws, their reasoning, and tactics.
6. We're expert negotiators. The Dible Law Firm has vast experience and skill in the crucial area of negotiation. Attorney Mike Dible has successfully negotiated over a thousand personal injury cases during his career and feels privileged to have recovered over $25 million for his clients.
7. We aim to reduce all liens. If your health insurance pays any of your accident related medical bills, the health insurance carrier will generally be entitled to a payback and will likely put a lien on your resolution amount, whether or not you are represented by an attorney. There are technical arguments that the Dible Law Firm will use to reduce, or sometimes even extinguish, these liens so that you can keep more of the settlement money in your own pocket. Additionally, in order to help protect your privacy, we will redact any unnecessary medical information out of the records sent to the insurance companies. Unfortunately, this is something that a lot of law firms will not take the time to do for their clients.
8. We'll be here for you every step of the way. We'll advise you on all important matters involving your case. At the Dible Law Firm, we believe in informing our clients about the pros and cons of their options and educating them about the legal process. We make ourselves highly available to take phone calls and respond promptly to emails to address all of our clients' questions and concerns as quickly as possible.
If you suffered any type of injury in a motor vehicle accident, it’s always a good idea to at least speak to an attorney to assess your claim and inform you of your options. The Dible Law Firm is happy to talk with you free of charge. Call us today at 720-638-9777